Meraki SM Overview
Meraki's Mobile Device Management Software (MDM), is called Systems Manager (SM).
SM, when installed on end user devices, allows:
Typical use cases:
Securing BYOD Environments
Managing Contract Worker Devices.
Guest WiFi Security
Pain Points SM Solves
NOTE: Depending on exact functionality requirements these functions are either directly enforced via SM or indirectly enforced via 3rd party applications required by SM.
Sick of end users:
1. Not having security updates/patches applied
2. Visiting unapproved sites
3. Downloading unapproved applications/files
4. Using out of date firmware
5. Losing/having devices stolen with no ability to recover
6. Circumventing company IT policies on devices
7. Using their own devices with no IT control
Want to remotely:
1. Control devices via screen share with admin control
2. Restrict end device functionality
3. Encrypt devices
4. Manage BYOD and onboarding / leaving employee hardware
5. Enable group security polices
6. Erase devices
7. Lock down devices – forcing updates and physical interaction
8. Locate devices physically
9. Geofence devices
10. Troubleshoot end user devices for storage/memory/app usage
11. Enhance company mobile device security.
Where SM fits in the network
Far right, on end user devices.
Operating Systems Supported
SM Limits for 1 Network
Maximum number of unique...
Apple School Manager users: 10,000
Security Policies: 5,000
SM Licensing / Ordering Information
1 year licence = LIC-SME-1YR
3 year licence = LIC-SME-3YR
5 year licence = LIC-SME-5YR